Pages

Monday, March 16, 2015

Weekending

What difference would it make in your life if you had an absolutely unshakable confidence in your ability to achieve anything you really put your mind to?

This weekend flew by - mostly because I was working so it didn't really feel like much of a weekend. But Monday has rolled around again and it's the start of another week already!



This past Friday I closed, so by the time I got home around10pm I was all about relaxing on the couch, catching up on some TV (The Blacklist anyone?) and reading a little bit. The Blacklist is a really great show - full of intrigue, mystery and action. I'm always excited for the next episode and sad if I have to wait more than a week.



Saturday morning was spent cleaning up the apartment a little, cuddling with the kitty and then heading off to work. I got off at 10pm and despite being exhausted I decided to make an appearance at a St.Patrick's Day party that my cousin's had invited us to. The party had started at 12pm so it was no surprise that there weren't a lot of coherent individuals there by the time we arrived. It was still nice to see everyone and of course a 10 minute drop by ended two hours later after 2 Irish Car Bombs, beer pong and a nerf gun war. I'm glad we were able to spend time with some of my cousins though because I'm realizing more and more that it's not just important to spend time with my immediate family - it's also important to spend time with all of your family because everyone's time is limited.



Sunday we managed to get to Church (I admit it, we were late...it still bugs me that the service we attend starts at 10:45...as if rounding it up to 11 is unthinkable...) and also visited our friend Mary and picked up some groceries for the coming week. We drove into Baltimore to check out this Board Game store in Canton because Carson and I have been looking into games that we can play together. Sadly some of the games that we were really interested in were only 3 players and up which totally didn't meet our needs but we ended up getting a used board game for half the price called Guardians of Graxia. It was never opened and that should have tipped us off if the online reviews that said "Most complicated game ever" didn't. We attempted to play last night when we got home but didn't get very far so I think we're going to try again tonight but I don't know how much luck we're going to have figuring it out without someone who has already played it. I guess I hope we have better luck next time we buy a game!



After that semi-let down I was content to spend the rest of the night finishing the book that I am currently reading - Artemis Fowl and the Eternity Code. Next up on my list is Divergent since I'm already a movie late jumping on that band wagon.

I'm linking up with B Loved Boston and Champagne and Suburbs for Weekending!

ebab1-weekendgraphic_zpsa968e672

2 comments:

  1. So glad you decided to go to the party - sounds like it was a lot of fun! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! It's always a struggle between exhaustion and knowing that you'll have a good time haha

    ReplyDelete