Pages

Monday, March 9, 2015

Weekending

I can't believe this was already the first weekend of March. Where did the time go?! Especially thanks to that pesky daylight saving time... But, I had a wonderful, mostly relaxing weekend trying to get myself all sorted out and ready for a new job.



The weekend really started on Friday evening this time for me because I got off work at 5:30 (yay!) and I had accidentally purchased tickets to see comedian Demetri Martin in DC earlier that day for what I thought was May 6th. When I actually was done buying them I realized that it said March 6th. Que panic attack. But everything worked out really well - my boyfriend and I drove down to College Park, hopped on the metro and were in the theater in about an hour and a half just in time for the opener to finish up. We loved the show and even got an upgrade to our seats so we were sitting on the main floor. We ended up getting sushi at one of our favorite places in CP and reminisced about my college days there.



Saturday was a bittersweet day because we attended the funeral of one of my best friend's grandmother's. The service was small and very nice and while I had only met her grandmother once or twice I could clearly see that she was a wonderful woman who loved God and helped everyone around her. I am also glad that I was able to be there during for my friend and her mom during this time.

On a whim we decided that evening to use these "date night" giftcards that my aunt had given us for Christmas that included dinner and a movie. Sadly, the gift card was to Applebee's and there was a 45 minute wait when we got there so we ended up settling for Taco Bell and saw the Kingsman. We absolutely loved that movie - it was hilarious, surprising and action packed. I would highly recommend that everyone see this movie although it's really not appropriate for children.

Sunday (the dreaded daylight savings day!) found us asleep when we should have been at church. Thankfully our church posts podcasts and we are currently going through The Story so we are able to catch up on our own. We visited our friend Mary and relaxed at home while getting some much needed cleaning done after the house kind of exploded due to Carson's surgery. The day and weekend ended with a business meeting, friends, Say Yes to The Dress Atlanta and cookies.

I'm pretty pleased with my weekend, how about you?

I'm linking up with B Loved Boston and Champagne and Suburbs for Weekending!

2 comments:

  1. What????? You got to see Demetri Martin LIVE?! Lucky you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!! It was a total last minute surprise purchase on my part and he was hilarious.

    ReplyDelete