Pages

Thursday, March 19, 2015

#7DaysHealthy


I'm going to be joining Helen in Between for #7DaysHealthy. What this means is that I'm going to be adding healthy routines to my life every seven days. Every Friday (or possibly every other Friday) I'm going to let you know how I feel, if it worked, if I'll keep it up, and what the next challenge is going to be.


So for this past week (3/13-3/20) I challenged myself to drink 60 oz of water every day. I chose 60 oz because I know I should drink at least half of my body weight in oz. every day so I figured this was a good start. The ideal was to drink 20 in the morning, 20 in the afternoon and 20 in the evening - this didn't always turn out like I wanted but I fit it in however I could. Most days I actually ended up drinking around 75 oz which was great.



How I Felt: Certainly not thirsty haha I had to go to the bathroom a lot more - especially the nights when I drank most of the water in the evening. But in general I felt pretty great and less sluggish than I do on days when I consume almost no water.

How Hard Was It? For the most part it wasn't that difficult, especially if I started in the morning. One day it was 6pm and I hadn't drank any water so that was more of a struggle.

Any Changes? Just a general sense of well-being and extra energy as well as a boost in confidence that I can indeed be healthy.

Will I Keep It Up? I will - I think this is very important to my health.

The Next Challenge:

This next week I am going to be challenging myself to flossing twice a day. I have always been terrible at flossing and every time I have a dentist appointment I do a week of flossing and then forget about it again so I think this is another really good habit to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment